Message from Class President Jim Staros:
As you have heard, President Hanlon and the Board of Trustees have decided on an in-person fall 2021 term at Dartmouth, and we are delighted that it includes an in-person Homecoming. Homecoming Co-Chairs Norman Jacobs and Dona Heller have developed a great schedule of events for the weekend, and I look forward to seeing you there.
I want to highlight two special events on the schedule:
- First, the (re)dedication of the DOC House will occur during the cocktail hour preceding our Saturday night dinner at the renovated DOC House. So, get your reservations to Norman as soon as you can.
- Second, while we always have a Class Meeting during Homecoming weekend, we have a piece of serious business to conduct at this one. During the same period that the renovation and updating of the DOC House has been carried out, funded by our 50th Reunion Class Gift, your Executive Committee has been hard at work updating our Class Constitution. Both the current version of our constitution and the proposed updated constitution, which is recommended by the Executive Committee for adoption by the class, can be found on the class website here. We will have time for discussion at the Class Meeting, but I would be happy to answer questions about the proposed changes in advance; just email me at email@example.com . We need a good turnout for this vote.
This will be a great opportunity to celebrate in-person with your classmates. I hope to see you there!
Jim Staros '69
Class of 1969
Homecoming 2021 Schedule
Friday, October 8, 2021:
- 5:00pm – Informal light dinner in the Hinman Forum at Rockefeller Hall. $25 per person. Reservations with prepayment are required.
- 7:00pm – Homecoming parade and rally.
- 9:00pm – Informal gathering in the Hinman Forum at Rockefeller Hall. Beer, wine, soft drinks and light snacks will be provided.
Saturday, October 9, 2021:
- 10:00am – Class meeting at Wilson Hall
- 11:30am – Tailgating on Heorot lawn
- 1:30pm – Football vs Yale
- 5:30pm – DOC House Dedication, Beer, Wine and Hors d ’Oeuvres
- 7:00pm – Class Dinner at DOC House. Please select 1 of the following per person:
Righetti Ranch Chicken: Deboned/skin-on Misty Knoll thighs grilled on a
hardwood charcoal fire and mopped with a white wine herbal tisane.
BBQ Ribs: Slow-cooked baby back ribs glazed with
Barry’s Wicked Good BBQ Sauce
Pasta Primavera: Butterfly pasta rich with vegetables,
fresh herbs, cheeses and cream – Vegetarian
The cost is $75 per person. That price is all inclusive.
Classmates should be fully vaccinated in order to participate in any in-person class activity and should assume that there will be other limitations, precautions, and attendance requirements related to COVID. The details will depend on the status of the pandemic at the time of Homecoming.
To make a reservation for Friday’s light dinner, please send $25 per person. To make a reservation for Saturday evening dinner, please send $75 per person, along with your selection of entrée. Please mail your check to: Norman Jacobs, 2 Pond View Place, Andover, MA 01810. Please make the check payable to: Dartmouth Class of 1969
Reservations may be cancelled up to 1 week prior to the event with full refund. We will not be able to accommodate anyone without a reservation.