- 69 business
- In Memoriam
- The Ds of Old
Virtual Homecoming October 2020
Dartmouth Class of ’69
Virtual Homecoming 2020
Not Your Old School Homecoming!
Because of COVID-19, this October we won’t be making the pilgrimage to Hanover: no Molly’s, bonfire, tailgating, spirits at the Spiritorium, or football. But we’re getting creative and hope that you will enjoy this year’s Homecoming Program, which will be exclusively online, using Zoom. We offer a series of virtual events that we hope will appeal to a variety of interests and attract a good number of our classmates.
- We are starting our activities earlier than usual: Thursday evening
- Two events will require advance actions.
- Full participation in one of those events (the wine tasting with a level III sommelier) requires sign-up by September 15 and is limited to 30 participants (first come, first served), and includes a fee to have the wine shipped to you.
- See below for details.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 1, at 7:00 P.M. ET
HOMECOMING KICKOFF EVENT: “SPORTS MANAGEMENT - THORNY ISSUES”
- Sandy Alderson D’69— Senior Advisor to the Oakland As; Former General Manager of the NY Mets
- Russ Granik D’69—Vice-President, Galatioto Sports Partners; Former Deputy Commissioner of the NBA; Inductee into the Basketball Hall of Fame
- Bob Sturges D’69—Limited Partner in the Miami Heat Basketball Organization; CEO at T.E.A.M. Hospitality Management; Former Gaming Commissioner for the State of New Jersey
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 2, AT 6:00 P.M. ET
WINE TASTING SEMINAR: “A TOUR OF FRANCE” LED BY CERTIFIED LEVEL-THREE SOMMELIER, ALLIE NAULT
Allie has worked at Commander’s Palace and currently works at the Inn at Little Washington in Virginia (one of only two Michelin three-star restaurants in the United States). Allie will discuss a group of four French wines:
- Perrier Jouet Grand Brut – 375ml bottle (vintage to be announced)
- Chateau Beauchene Cote de Rhone Rouge Grand Reserve – 2018 – 375ml bottle
- Chateau Haut Mayne Sauternes – 375ml bottle (vintage to be announced)
- Chateau Cantemerle Haut-Médoc – 2016 – 750ml bottle
If you would like to receive wines to participate in this session, you must notify Norman Jacobs and send him a check for $100 (payable to Dartmouth Class of 1969) along with your shipping address. **YOUR CHECK MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO SEPTEMBER 15, 2020.** This is limited to 30 active participants on a first to sign-up basis. (Note: If you do not want to buy the wines but simply want to watch the Zoom session, that will be fine, and you will not have to sign up or pay for anything.)
2 Pond View Place
Andover, MA 01810
A week prior to the event, each person who has signed up will be shipped the amount of each of the four wines listed above (which will be enough to serve two people.)
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 2, AT 8:00 P.M. ET
INFORMAL ZOOM GATHERING
Enjoy your favorite beverage and catch up with your classmates.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 3, AT 11:00 A.M. ET
(No, it’s not in 105 Dartmouth!) The Agenda is HERE!
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 3, AT 2:00 P.M. ET
HANDS-ON GOURMET COOKING CLASS CONDUCTED BY EXECUTIVE CHEF CHRISTOPHER CHADWICK
Christopher also is a College Food and Beverage Director and has been a College-level Culinary Arts Instructor. Learn how to prepare these yummy foods that will wow your guests:
- Okonomiyaki, with two sauces
- Blistered Peppers with Lime and Soy
- Chocolate/Raspberry Clafoutis
- NO FEE OR PRIOR SIGNUP IS REQUIRED FOR THIS ZOOM EVENT, BUT...
- You will need to buy your ingredients beforehand; and
- Do some advance prepwork and ingredients measuring, so you’ll be able to keep up with the chef’s instructions during the class.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 3, AT 5:00 P.M. ET
FINAL INFORMAL ZOOM GATHERING
Again, enjoy your favorite beverage and some more appropriately distanced socializing with your classmates before we bring this year’s Homecoming to a close.
(HOPEFULLY, NEXT YEAR WE’LL BE BACK IN HANOVER.)
Got questions? We’d be glad to hear from you: